About Our Association
We bring the highest quality police services and leadership to the people of Minnesota.
- Offers services for its executive and command staff members, elevating the quality of police leadership to the highest standards possible.
- Keeps members informed through its website, electronic newsletter and quarterly magazine.
- Is recognized as the voice of police executives in Minnesota. The Association represents its members on legislative, regulatory and community issues related to crime, public safety and law enforcement.
- Recognizes the exemplary work of the men and women of Minnesota law enforcement through its annual Awards Program.
- Sponsors the Midwest's largest exhibit of public safety products and services in conjunction with the annual Executive Training Institute.
- Provides peer-to-peer support for new police chiefs, helping to create the future of professional policing in our state.
- Has a statewide commitment to small and large agencies in urban areas and in Greater Minnesota.
- Promotes community relations through activities such as mediation services, guidance for public safety programs, and scholarships for law enforcement students.
- Is the leader in the education and training of Minnesota law enforcement executives and managers.