The Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association (MCPA) is a nonprofit, professional membership organization with the mission of bringing the highest quality of police services to the people of Minnesota.
The MCPA'S vision is to be the recognized voice for professional law enforcement in Minnesota.
The association was founded in 1954 as a training and social organization to network and exchange ideas between law enforcement executives.
Board Members are elected by members at the annual Executive Training Institute. They meet monthly to decide on optimizing and governing member services and fulfilling representation of the MCPA to regional and statewide government and policy groups.
* * * * *
Outreach Coordinator - Training and Communications
Plan, coordinate and manage communications, training, meetings and special events and programs for the MCPA by performing the following duties personally, in conjunction with the Executive Director, and/or through consultants or instructors
NOTE: Full Job Description pending approval of MCPA Board
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 3-4 years of communications, marketing, public affairs or community outreach experience
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Power Point) and database management
• Website maintenance skills, internet search experience, background in social media management
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Grant coordination familiarity
• Experience working in a training environment
• Exposure to criminal justice, law enforcement, community policing or other nonprofit experience
Please send resume, cover letter and references to Andy Skoogman, Executive Director
* * *
Donate to the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Foundation which supports educational programs provided by the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association, as well as charitable programs reaching communities statewide.
All donations are tax-deductible.
September 23-26, 2014
CLEO and Command Academy
December 1-5, 2014
* * * * * * *
Alarm Management System Video
Handgun Permits to Acquire:
* * *
2014 MCPA Membership
Renew your Membership
Not a MCPA Member? Join today
* * *
Board of Directors Election
Board of Directors roles and responsibilities
Candidate Application Form
* * *
For Members Only
Legislative issues/positions for 2013
Death Benefits for Survivors
Model Forfeiture Policy
Traffic Citation Toolkit:
League of MN Cities
Weekly e-newsletter - 'C-NOTES'
Sample our weekly newsletter, a service for members only:
Request one-time issue by email.